Thursday, August 16, 2007

Spanish Television

I don't have cable, but that's okay. Now I get three times as many stations as I used to, although two-thirds of them are Spanish, religious, or home shopping networks.




Flipping through the channels, I realize one thing Latin TV programmers know: everything is better if you put a woman with great cleavage and a short skirt in it. Take for example the show Que Dice La Gente? (What do the people say?) on Telefutura. Basically, it's The Family Feud, but not only do they add a couple of skimpily-clad women who walk on stage periodically, but they dedicate the first half of the show to a competition between variously-named groups of attractive men and women. This time, it's Las Venus vs. Los Adonis. And the women dress great. Tops that really show off their busts, short skirts or shorts, sometimes tall boots, and, dios mio, sometimes even hats that, I think, really do something special for a woman's face. Here's J-Lo in something of the style, although not quite right. Actually, I like this image because she reminds me of my mom's friend Laura, who I knew when I was very young, and was my first image of what a sexy woman was like.

No comments: