Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Must Increase My Bust

I'm not normally a YouTube user, but I stumbled across this video while doing research for work. Go ahead and start the video while you read the commentary, but you might rather do without the sound.

I've mentioned before my early experience with pinups, so it's natural, I think, that I'm interested in anime women. This video highlights one great feature of anime women: their breasts. It doesn't really get started until you get out of the club, but once it gets going it doesn't stop. Note how wonderfully the animators show off their movement. This is a real treat, because they move in ways that no woman would let her breasts move in real life--it'd be too painful.

See the warrior woman with the high split in her skirt? Anime is great at this--giving women impossibly long legs and skirts slit indecently high--a design I've only known one woman to attempt.

Nice also are the shots of men looking at the breasts--they serve to reduce the perv factor by stressing that it's only normal for men to respond this way to such lovely sights. I particularly empathize with the bearded old man on the pole, eagerly scanning the crowd for cleavage.

There is one problem here, though. In their zeal for big breasts, the animators have made them too rounded, too globular. While I suspect that this is the result of the fantasy element of anime making the brests stand out the way they'd never do in real life, the effect is to produce something akin to artificial breasts in shape, making them a little less appealing. The movement, too, is over-exaggerated, and ruins the firm-but-yielding impression of solidity one gets from looking at real breasts.

Overall, though, an enjoyable little film.

No comments: