Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Results Are In . . .

I opted not to jump on Maxim's top 10 sexiest women list when it appeared, but waited until the other major men's magazine, FHM, published its list for comparison's sake. Here are the lists:

Maxim's 10

10. Jennifer Love Hewitt
9. Jordana Brewster
8. Rihanna
7. Adriana Lima
6. Eliza Dushku
5. Mila Kunis
4. Malin Ackerman
3. Bar Rafaeli
2. Megan Fox
1. Olivia Wilde









FHM's 10

10. Katy Perry
9. Anne Hathaway
8. Heidi Montag
7. Elisha Cuthbert
6. Adriana Lima
5. Madeline Zima
4. Jessica Biel
3. Scarlett Johansson
2. Jessica Alba
1. Megan Fox

One of the first things to consider about these two lists is that one is a "Nebula" style list, selected by a small board of editors, while the other is a "Hugo" style list, generated by popular votes. So, of course, the popular vote list is going to include more familiar names.

Still, I don't think the editors at Maxim distinguished themselves at all here. I mean, Olivia Wilde is like a stick figure that sometimes gets boobs photoshopped onto her. Malin Ackerman, I've already said all I'm gonna say about her for now. JLH can be pretty hot, but not, I'd say, top 10 hot. FHM's list is, if not great, at least credible.

But I will say that Megan Fox has had so much media exposure she feels like sloppy seconds. It might be different if she were a better person, but every time she opens her mouth, something caustic, idiotic, or bitchy drips out. Perhaps I'm being a little mean, but her character just seems so nasty that I can't look at her without feeling slightly repulsed. Although I still have to admit that she does have nice eyes.

7 comments:

cl.thier said...

Doesn't FHM's list automatically lose all credibility with the inclusion of Heidi Montag?

A little shocked at the snubbing of Marisa Miller. For my money, she has it all.

Right on the button said...

I almost said that about Montag. I've never liked her and never known anyone who really did, but this is ostensibly a poll, and look what happened to the vote on the LC. It's a statistical anomaly. You can always throw out one data point.

And that puts Marisa Miller (#11) in the top ten, which I consider acceptable.

cl.thier said...

JLH is a lazy choice.

innuendoes said...

Dr. C may not have immediately "jumped on" these polls, but I'd "jump on" most of these ladies, if you catch my meaning. Perhaps we'll raid these lists for future "Babes We'd Bone."

(but now I need to research a few unfamiliar names).

Chip: "Her kunis is amazing."

Dr. C said...

Yeah, it goes without saying that I'd probably mount most of these horses, if I were competing at this level. Except Fox, whom I wouldn't vault with your pole.

pole vault! said...

Maybe when "Jennifer's Body" premieres, we can forgive Fox for some of her sins. Or maybe everyone will just hate her more (for working with Diablo Cody).

Even so, you should check out its red-band trailer for lines like "It smells like Thai food in here. Have you been fucking?"

Dr. C said...

Well, Diablo Cody, whatever her other sins may be, can write some funny dialogue. Hell, maybe she can even make Fox seem witty.

I do plan to see Jennifer's Body (the movie).