Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Obligatory Response

In Touch Weekly, the lowest of the so-called entertainment mags (or the highest of the tabloids, it kind of blurs the line), recently published the results of their poll on Hollywood's best breasts, and here's the results, some of which are more indicative of their readership than of the quality of the breasts. Of course, I must respond. Here are the top three, with pics and commentary:













1. Jessica Simpson, who definitely has some fine breasts. I used to have an image of her in her white jacket, on my desktop. It helped me get my day started right. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of that exact image, but here's one I like because she looks like one of my coworkers in it.













2. Tyra Banks in a weird twist of fate, I have found myself defending Tyra on a number of occasions for many things, but, this picture (which is old) notwithstanding, I can't accept that she has the second best breasts in Hollywood.













3. Scarlett Johansson had the first place last time In Touch did their poll. She is, of course, my top pick, partly because she's a whole package and not just great tits on a dim bulb. But I can imagine her and Simpson fighting it out for first place (in oil and string bikinis).










And the rest:
4. Carmen Electra
5. Lindsay Lohan
6. Katherine Heigl
7. Audrina Patridge
8. Jennifer Aniston
9. Megan Fox
10. Beyonce Knowles

Now, some of these are reasonable, defensible choices, but many of them only make sense if you remind yourself that this is a poll of readers of the magazine pitched to those too dumb to read PEOPLE. Take it for what it is: an excellent opportunity to think about tits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As any self-respecting lover of breasts should know, it's impossible to tell from a clothed picture whether a woman actually has, well, "stately pleasure domes." Once the artificial structuring is taken away, who knows what weird and awkward shapes breasts will take?! The only way the "editors" over at Touch Weekly could truly know this would be if they'd seen all of these women sans top.

Oh, and how they left Marisa Miller off the list, I'll never know. Just goes to show, Touch Weekly is out of...

Anonymous said...

Even so, this is an interesting topic! Still, I must agree with "self-respecting": we need nekkid pictures!

And who the hell is Audrina Partridge? (is she one of the Partridge family...and if so, wouldn't she be quite old now!).

Anonymous said...

Ms. Partridge is a "cast member" on The Hills, a pseudo-reality show on MTV. And she's got a great body. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I should have asked Kip. That's one of his favorite shows!