Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ginger Spices up Award Show

I don't spend too much time thinking about the Spice Girls. I unfortunately run across Posh Spice all the time as an occupational hazard b/c of her big fake boobs. It irritates me that anyone thinks that expressionless automaton is at all attractive, let alone a model of beauty that other women should strive to achieve.

Much more attractive is Ginger Spice, Geri Halliwell, who is also appropriate to this season of gingerbread houses and gingerbread men. It's nice that she's shed the fake glam image of the Spice Girls

for a much more comfortable one of hot mama.

Over the weekend, she created quite a stir when her red dress was caught in the wind, revealing to one and all that she was not wearing any panties. Although she received a lot of flack for this, even receiving an "embarrassing outfit of the day" award from a blogger, I say this is totally unjust.

This is no Britney-style, I'm too drunk to realize I'm flashing my cooter as I get out the car in my miniskirt. This is a woman whose outfit is tasteful and, I think, attractive, who decided either on the basis of comfort or on the way it fit with the skirt, to go without panties, and the wind caught her skirt. It happens. In fact, I think it gives a very positive message: even responsible mothers can (and should) go without panties every now and again, and if the wind gives people a free show, count it as a sign from God that he looked down and it was good.

No comments: